Thursday, December 17, 2020

Hello. I'm Some Guy.

5 years. It's been 5 years since I have made a post. So I imagine I am speaking to a brand new audience. So let's start over. Yeah? Cool bro. Real cool. 
So this year I decided to pull the trigger on something I have wanted to do for a long time. Start collecting underground and extreme movies. Now I have been a fan of the scene for years. I have owned my Toe Tag collection since about 2010. But this year I heard about a release called Edmund Kemper The Movies. I needed it. But i knew enough about the tape trade scene to know it was going to be a bit of a journey. So down the rabbit hole of underground and extreme cinema i went. And I dove in head fucking first. Grabbed up everything I could on my search for Edmund Kemper The Movies. On my search i met lots of decent people, traders, buyers, sellers, bootleggers, film makers, distro house owners ECT. All are really cool people. I grabbed up some of their stuff. They point me in a new direction for  hunt. Eventually I found Edmund Kemper. But by that time it was too late. I was in too deep. I started out searching for 1 movie. Owned 12 more before I got it. And have a fucking LONG list of films to add to my humble little collection.

During my hunt I came across a few production companies that i instantly fell in love with, Dead Vision Productions primarily, and a few artists, Tyler from Cover Your Corpse, who i feel needed more word of mouth promo. I spam my own FB wall just to help let people know about the lesser or newer faces coming onto the scene. But I think this will also be a good jumping off point for new fans and old ones alike that feel like there are only 3 or 4 decent places to find new and older rare films. 

So that's what i did on my 2020 quarantine break. I finally started collection in a real way. I wish i had started sooner. Mainly because I imagine by now I would have most of my wishlist movies in my possession now. But also because of the driving force behind all this, the people.

So that's my plan from here on out. I love this scene. I love indie film makers. I love just being fucked up and weird. And i love discovering my next hunt. So hopefully i can help people with that and the information and review itch alot of us have. 

Ill be uploading reviews once a week. Regularly. So feel free to get the word out. Reach out to me with a request or anything you'd like to ask me. Im sure ill be able to get you whatever info you would like to know.

Trust me. I'm Some Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment